Monday, April 23, 2012

clearly the 3rd child


 The other day, I found Zach reading a book. I guess it was more like he had a book on the floor and was pointing to the pictures and babbling away. For the first two kids, by the time they were Zach's age, I'd been reading to them for months already. In their first year I was reading to them and giving them books, and they were spending hours looking through them and frequently bringing them to me to read. That's the realization that went through my head in a flash when I saw Zach with a book the other day, sitting their by himself with it. I'm glad he found the bookcase with the all the kids books, and I'm glad he pulled one down and sat down to look at the pictures and talk to himself. And I'm glad he liked it without my encouragement. I'm just going to take this one as a reminder... it's time to start reading to the boy! Read, read, read!



1 comment: