Tuesday, July 10, 2012

another first

This morning, for some reason, the thought dawned on me that Zach should be eating his oatmeal by himself, without me spoon feeding him every bite. And then a bunch of other thoughts began... why exactly AM I still feeding him? How old is he again? 18 MONTHS!!! What have I been doing this  whole time?? How can my 18 month old still be spoon fed by his mother?! How can he be 18 months already? What else am I totally forgetting with this cute little guy? So I got out the camera and took another "first" picture- eating by himself for the first time. 18 months. 
Here's the picture when I handed over his oatmeal... and here he is going for his first fistful. :)

I handed the spoon to his right hand, which he used, but later switched to his left. He usually prefers his left for things. I'm thinking he might be a lefty.

Look at that smile! From here on out, meals should be that much better! Better for Zach, better for everyone else! :)  Now what else does this little 18 month guy need to tackle?

No comments: