Tuesday, February 26, 2013

the view down our road

This is the view to the right when we turn out of our driveway. This time of year, dust is everywhere because we're five months into the dry season now, and it billows up and blows into our house every time a vehicle goes by. 

For me, this view just never grows old. I love looking towards the mountains, and I love the big blue sky. Pretty soon these fields will be brilliant green as the rains come and the rice grows. By then it's so hot that I even enjoy the grey sky meaning that rain is coming. 

We love to take our bikes towards the mountains, riding through the villages there.  For the kids, it's the best thing ever. There are mountains, caves, bats, and bridges, and there are kids everywhere.

 Eva and Elijah like this view down the street too. This is because they have just hiked up the mountain at the end of this road for themselves! It wasn't an easy climb, and I sad to say, I wasn't able to make it up one steep ladder section at the end. But the kids did! Now when they look down this road, they can have memories of conquering, like when I overheard Elijah saying to himself "I think I can!" at one steep place on the path, and he made it. I have thoughts of conquering too, which is one of the great things about climbing mountains and one of the great things about being able to see one every day.

No comments: