Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Celebrating our anniversary!

with Eva, Elijah, and Zach along on our date.
 Life with young kids is such a blessing, and life with young kids is so exhausting. But there's no question in my mind, the blessing trumps the exhaustion a million times over. This picture is so classic- it's our wedding anniversary, and we're all there at the table together. It's another picture of the kids b/c they're still too young to take a picture of their happy parents. It's not that we dream of heading out to celebrate with a car full of kids, but sometimes that's just how it is. So at the dinner above, the kids got to celebrate along with us. And let me tell you, they were so excited. Isn't that sweet? It's God's good gift to Nathan and I that we get to be here in a place that challenges our definition of what ought to be. It's God's good gift that we know love, experience sacrifice, and that our lives are often not ordered the way that we would order. It's the blessing of God that fills our table with joy. Thankful- 6 fabulous year of marriage and 3 happy kids who join in the celebration! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was randomly browsing through blogs and came upon yours. I recently began a blog titled 'Our Extraordinary Love.' The idea is for people to send me their love stories and then I post them in hopes of sharing them with the world. I'm trying to inspire people to love a little more. I was wondering if you would want to share your love story with me so that I could share it on my blog and such...

There is way more information on the blog:
http://ourextraordinarylove.blogspot.com/

You can check it out if you would like. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this. I'd be glad to answer any questions that you might have.

-Candace